Thursday, September 07, 2006

Nelson: "Jesus is a liberal and God is a flaming liberal"

I could not believe my eyes when I read this post by the good Rev. Jim Nelson at Irregular Times.

It was an angry response to a post which stated "Jim Nelson’s positions on mixing church and state are most unsettling." and "The Nelson for Congress web site says nothing about the Iraq War."

In his response posted Aug. 9, 2006, Rev. Jim Nelson said "Have you read the articles I wrote before we went to war, opposing the war? Have you read that I said Jesus is a liberal and God is a flaming liberal, and that most of the teachings of Jesus are more in line with the values of the Democratic Party?"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I don't think Jesus supports abortion or gay marriage.

The post was titled "Jim Nelson - A Democrat We Would Be Better Without"
I tend to agree.

2 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did he really say that? He refers to Almighty God as flaming?

That is just unreal, espcially coming from a Pastor!

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He actually said that??? He compared God to a Decautur drag queen? Is this guy crazy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home